This has always been a top priority, but we are now intensifying the effort with our Vail Health Clean Clinic Promise. This is a promise that every one of our employees across all service lines are making to one another and the community.
Across our entire organization, including Colorado Mountain Medical, our teams are taking the following precautions to create a ‘clean’ environment.
Please be aware that some of these do require action by patients, and you might be asked to adhere to additional precautions at specific locations, such as Shaw Cancer Center, Howard Head Sports Medicine, and for surgeries.
- All staff are required to wear a mask, especially while in patient care areas.
- We are allowing only one visitor per patient in order to decrease the amount of traffic in the facility.
- All patients and visitors are screened for symptoms prior to entry into the facility.
- All patients and visitors must wear a mask while present in the facility.
- In addition, patients coming in for surgery are screened three times prior to arrival in order to ensure they are asymptomatic.
- All of our disinfectants are approved for use against human coronaviruses.
- Any piece of equipment used with a patient is thoroughly disinfected between use.
- In addition to our stringent hospital cleaning protocols, we are doing additional cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces, including clipboards and pens used to complete forms.
- Precautions are taken for all in-patients with confirmed positive COVID-19 or are suspected COVID-19, where staff entering the room are limited and those who enter wear specific pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Frequent hand hygiene according to the WHO Five Moments is practiced by all staff, which includes washing hands before touching a patient; before clean/aseptic procedures; after body fluid exposure/risk; after touching a patient; and after touching patient surroundings.
- Staff are responsible for monitoring their own symptoms at all times, and are not permitted to work with any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staff abide by return-to-work recommendations as recommended by public health.
- Our café area in Vail Health Hospital and Shaw Cancer Center has been limited and serves grab and go items and menu options that reduce the risk of exposure.